ifgpf1.com
September 19, 2021, 07:07:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 year in review  (Read 1357 times)
IFGPF1

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »

Thanks to everyone for playing in 2009.  It was certainly a strange season in the real world and in the IFGP, but that's what makes thing fascinating.

Our congratulations to Team Really Green, who won both the Driver and Constructor championship.  The rookie team only booked one win in the season, but consistency was the key to the season victory.  Team Really Green was on the podium another 11 times in the season, with a total podium percentage of 71%.

The other top competitors also had similar podium percentages.  CBL Corse won 4 and was on the podium 7 times, for a percentage of 65%, and Scuderia Modificata has 4 wins and 6 podiums for a percentage of 59%.

Congratulations to our race winners this year:  Team Really Green, CBL Corse, Scuderia Modificata, WebbersWebF1, Team BRR, Ackmann Racing, F1 Galizia & Scuderia Globex.  13 teams were on the podium during the season.

This season, in real life and in the IFGP, wasn't kind to the established teams and high dollar manufacturers.  The rise of Brawn early in the season actually played into the hands of the new teams and the returning ones with a low budget.  I'm certain Brawn GP was nobody's first choice, but the teams that were forced by budgets to use them had a good year indeed.

It will be interesting to see how many teams next season choose Brawn when they are a 10 million dollar part.

The flip side of all the success of the rookies was the first-to-worst at the other end of the field.  The early poor performance of both Ferrari and McLaren doomed some of the high profile teams to the slow end of the field, and that put them in an early hole they couldn't dig out of.  The good thing is that they're returning in 2010, rested and ready for revenge...

Speaking of returning teams, all the teams have indicated they will return for the 2010 campaign.  If everyone can bring a friend, we'll have more competition than we can stand in 2010 Smiley

Only 116 days to the next race....
fast_ian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:13:01 AM »

Thanks to everyone for playing in 2009.

+1 And thanks to Tillman for doing such a grand commishing job - Cheers!

I'm certain Brawn GP was nobody's first choice

I'll share a secret here..... I absolutely chose 'em at the start of the year due to their testing pace..... Always a risk, as they all cheat and lie in testing, but my only regret is not putting all my eggs in that basket from the get-go....... I guess nobody had Brawn/Brawn at the beginning of the season? - You'd have kicked ass.....

It will be interesting to see how many teams next season choose Brawn when they are a 10 million dollar part.

"Mercedes GP" - Wow! - 10MM seems almost cheap Wink

Speaking of returning teams, all the teams have indicated they will return for the 2010 campaign.  If everyone can bring a friend, we'll have more competition than we can stand in 2010 Smiley

Should we have that many teams? [I have no opinion, yet, but my immediate feeling is there should't be more iFGP teams than "real"ones?..... Comments?]

Thanks again, cheers,
Ian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: